Parent Connect/Parent Forum
The Parent Connect committee connects parents with each other, the schools and district, and the PTO by coordinating Parent Forum meetings as well as other special events and discussion opportunities.
Parent Forum Meetings
Parent Forum is a monthly meeting for parents, typically held the first or second Thursday of the month, from 9:30 - 10:30 a.m., September through May, at the District Education Center. Agendas typically include: an update from Mark Hamre (Wildwood principal) or Kirsten Bouwens (O.H. Anderson principal), a school board member overview of district topics, a review of upcoming PTO activities and volunteer needs, and open forum time for parents to ask questions. Kids are welcome!
2017-2018 meeting Dates and Topics
Click on the date to read summary notes from the meeting.
- September 14: Summer slide
- October 5: Superintendent Mark Larson, school start time evaluation
- November 9: Movement and wellness in the schools
- December 7: Kirsten Bouwens; math and literacy groupings
- January 11: Mark Hamre; school board budget update
- February 8: Kirsten Bouwens
- March 8: Mark Hamre; cell phone policies; about MAEF
- April 12: Kirsten Bouwens; continued cell phone policy discussion
- May 10: Mark Hamre
Grade Level Representatives
If you attend the Parent Forum meetings on a regular basis, you may be a good fit to be a Parent Connect Grade-Level Representative! As a Grade-Level Rep, you will: get first-hand information about school, district and PTO news; have a chance to ask questions or provide input directly to principals and school board members; and meet other parents and find ways to be involved with the school and PTO. Commitment is minimal and involves sharing updates with other parents of students in the same grade.
- Get more information about being a Grade-Level Representative.
- See a list of current Grade-Level Representatives.
Contact the Parent Connect committee chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.