General Volunteer Opportunities
For general volunteer opportunities please complete the Volunteer Interest Form:
Volunteers are needed to help out with PTO activities and events, serve as grade-level representatives, chair or co-chair committees, and serve on the Board.
Help with an Activity/Event
These activities and/or events are currently seeking volunteers. Click on the links to learn more and to sign-up.
- Family Movie Night - Seeking volunteers to assist with onsite help on March 2nd. Sell pizza and clean up at the end of the night.
- Fun Fair - Seeking 3 volunteers to assist with the April 20th Fun Fair from noon through close (about 10:00 p.m.). No planning involved.
Be a Grade-Level Representative
If you attend the Parent Forum meetings on a regular basis, you may be a good fit to be a Parent Connect Grade-Level Representative! As a Grade-Level Rep, you will: get first-hand information about school, district and PTO news; have a chance to ask questions or provide input directly to principals and school board members; and meet other parents and find ways to be involved with the school and PTO. Commitment is minimal and involves sharing updates with other parents of students in the same grade.
- Get more information about being a Grade-Level Representative.
- See a list of current Grade-Level Representatives.
Chair/Co-Chair a Committee
These committees are in need of chairs/co-chairs. If you are interested in volunteering or want to learn more contact Tony Vosooney at email@example.com.
- Fun Run - Chairs needed to organize the 3rd annual Fun Run in the fall of 2018, including assisting with behind-the-scenes planning and seeking out sponsors.
- Parent Connect - Co-Chair is needed for the 2018-2019 school year, join now to get trained in.
Join the Board
The Board is currently seeking a President Elect to help actively lead the PTO. This position requires a three-year commitment: one year as President Elect, one year as President, and one year as Past Officer. Position responsibilities include attending board meetings, email communications, and organizing the strategic calendar. Contact PTO President, Tony Vosooney at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Attend a Meeting
Parents are welcome to attend Parent Forum meetings and PTO Board meetings.
- Parent Forum - A monthly meeting hosted by the Parent Connect committee for parents to hear updates from and ask question of the Wildwood or O.H. Anderson principal, a school board member, and a PTO representative and to discuss special topics. Click on the link to view meeting dates and special topics.
- Board Meetings - These take place monthly right after the Parent Forum meetings. All parents and guardians of students are voting members of the PTO and are welcome to come and participate and vote at our board meetings.
Participate in Activities/Events
Parents are encouraged to take advantage of student enrichment opportunities and to participate in events. Current and/or upcoming activities and events include:
- Parent Connect is sponsoring two showings of Race to Nowhere at the District Education Center: February 21, at 6:30 p.m. and February 22 at 9:30 a.m. Please register if you plan to attend (registration requested but not required).
- Art Adventure, currently taking place in 1st and 2nd grade classrooms at WW and before school at OHA. Ask your students what they talked about.
- Young Anatomists, taking place before school at OHA.
- Family Movie Night, March 2nd at OHA. Showing Despicable Me 3. Pizza starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Book Fair, March 22-29 at WW.
- Fun Fair, April 20th at WW.
Participate in Collection and Donation Programs: Box Tops, AmazonSmile, and More
Looking for an easy way to help raise cash for the schools? The PTO participates in several programs to help raise money, including Box Tops for Education, AmazonSmile, and more. Collection bins for items are located at WW, OHA, and the District Education Center.
Donate Funds/Sponsor the Fun Fair
Donations to the PTO are always welcome. Contribute online to support PTO activities.
The PTO is seeking sponsors for the 3rd annual Fun Run. For a sponsorship of $750, you or your company will have your logo on about 1,400 student and staff t-shirts and on the PTO website. Contact PTO President, Tony Vosooney at email@example.com to find out more.