District Budget and Levy Information
The Mahtomedi School Board is discussing moving forward with an operating levy to be on the November 6, 2018 ballot due to current state of the school district's budget. The new levy would revoke and replace the existing levy and would be intended to help address a significant budget deficit forecast.
The PTO is providing this information to help inform parents of these discussions as part of our mission to “provide a forum to communicate district policies and decisions.” The PTO is not a political organization. Below you will find links to learn more about the levy and contact information for Superintendent Larson and the school board members so you can ask questions and provide feedback.
- February 22, 2018: School board begins levy discussions.
- May 24, 2018: Anticipated formal school board approval of ballot language.
- August 24, 2018: Last possible day for the board to approve a resolution calling for an election.
- November 6, 2018: Election day.
PTO Parent Forum Meeting
Superintendent Dr. Larson and District Business Services Director Bill Menozzi provided an update on the district budget forecast and potential levy at the February 8, 2018 PTO Parent Forum meeting. Review the "School Board Update" section of the February Parent Forum notes for a summary of the discussion.
School Board Meetings
School board meetings are conducted in public at the District Education Center, 1520 Mahtomedi Avenue. Public participation is welcome at the scheduled time on the agenda for regular meetings. View the board meeting schedule, meeting agendas, and meeting minutes and information about public participation in board meetings.
- March 22, 2018, 7:00 p.m., Study Session/Special Meeting - Discussion/information items include: levy community survey results, budget reductions recommendations, administration restructuring report.
Parents are also welcome to reach out to Superintendent Larson and/or school board members with questions and/or comments on the budget and potential levy.
- Contact Superintendent Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View school board member contact information on the school board website.